THIS IS A BLOG OF SNEHAL PATEL, THAT DESCRIBES HIS IDEAS ABOUT THE WORLD. THE PERSPECTIVE FROM WHICH HE HAS SEEN THE WORLD SO FAR. THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Visit To Pirana Dargah...

I just had been to Pirana (Imaam Shah Bawa) Dargah today. Heartily Thanks to Shweta and Tamarind (I guess this is what her name was). Nice place. Had planned long time back to visit the place, but somehow time was not manageable or maybe as people say, the right time had not come to visit the place. I think the second part of the sentence is right. We just imagine things are in our control, but actually someone else is planning plot of our Life's drama. We are nothing but puppets of HIS hands. So, as the right time came, I visited the place. Even the intention of my visit has also changed during this time span. Earlier I had planned that I will ask something for me at Pirana, but now the time has come that I have to change my priorities in life. Life is really strange to understand.

The place is located between green farms. I saw ashtonishing communal harmony between Hindus and Muslims at this place. I saw "Aum" painted on walls of Dargah. Even the priest of the Dargah was Hindu. There is Hindu temple, just beside the Dargah. There are many people's dargahs located in nearby place. I was really surprised to know that women are not allowed in Dargah. I didn't come to know about the reason, but I will surely ask the priest about it on my next visit. People say whatever we ask in Dargah, we get it. Maybe there is delay, but not denial as they say. Lets see the next plot of my Life's drama.

I plan to click some photographs of Sarkhej's Roza next sunday. (If HE permits)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Snehal,

It was nice to red ur opinion on Imamshah Bawa Roza. Plz. dont be mind by entering prohibited to Females inside shrine. This rule follow-up around the world and only Ajmer Sharif Dargah (Khawaja Moinuddin Chisty R.A.) where all community's weather they males/females Hindus, Muslims or all other community can enter. This is why, because PM Indira Gandhi urged to committee member for entering inside shrine then after all pilgrims allowed inside only in Ajmer's Dargah.

Regards,

SAIYED ARIF ALI

Unknown said...

It was nice to red ur opinion on Imamshah Bawa Roza. Plz. dont be mind by entering prohibited to Females inside shrine

Unknown said...

Dear Frd

PIR IMAM SHAH BAWA's devotees are chained at the feet. They close their eyes and pray fervently while walking towards the Sufi saint's tomb, the Hajrat Pir Imam Shah Bawa Roza, in Pirana village, outside Ahmedabad. If the chain disentangles in the first few steps, it means that your prayer will be granted soon. If not, it is a sign that it will take some time. Today, the Pir's followers are entangled in a dispute that could threaten the existence of their faith.

Residents of Pirana still follow Imam Shah Bawa's teachings of love and harmony, a Sufi-inspired amalgam of Islam and Hinduism. But powerful religious heads close to the Sangh Parivar are trying to communalise their belief, reducing it to little more than a sect of Hinduism.

Unknown said...

I jus dont belive this sort of things(chamatkar)....wud u like to comment on my comment